What is this?
This is a proposed license for open tabletop games to be published.
It looks to empower individuals, collectives, worker-owned cooperatives, and nonprofits, while denying usage to those that exploit labour for profit. It seeks to empower those that care about the well being of the planet and the people that live on it, while denying usage to those that seek to exploit them.
It is a license that looks outward to a better world.
The Anti Capitalist Game License (v1.0)
This license allows creators to create content for [SYSTEM] and either publish it for free or sell it, without us taking a cut, providing the following rules are followed:
You ("The Creator") are allowed to create content for [SYSTEM] subject to the following conditions:
- The Creator is one of the following:
- An individual person labouring for themselves
- A non-profit organisation
- An educational institution
- An organisation that seeks shared profit for all of its members, and allows non-members to set the cost of their labour
- If The Creator is an organisation with owners, then all owners are workers and all workers are owners with equal equity and/or equal vote.
- If The Creator is an organisation, then The Creator is not law enforcement or military, or working for or under either.
- The Creator is not a landlord.
- The Creator is not a member of the British Royal Family
- The Creator does not lobby for, promote, or derive a majority of income from actions that support or contribute to:
- sex trafficking
- human trafficking
- indentured servitude
- adversely addictive behaviors
- fossil fuels
- weapons manufacturing
- burning of forests
- hate speech or discrimination based on age, gender, gender identity, race, sexuality, religion, nationality
- The Creator does not lobby against, or derives a majority of income from actions that discourage or frustrate:
- access to the rights set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- peaceful assembly and association (including worker associations)
- a safe environment or action to curtail the use of fossil fuels or prevent climate change
- democratic processes
Forests to be 0.5 or more hectares of trees that were either planted more than 50 years ago or were not planted by humans or human made equipment.
Deforestation to be the clearing, burning or destruction of 0.5 or more hectares of forests within a 1 year period.
Landlord to be a person or organisation that owns and rents land or property to others.
- The Creator is allowed to publish free or commercial material based upon and/or declaring compatibility with [SYSTEM] without express permission from [PUBLISHER] providing that said content does not contain ageist, ablest, sexist, racist, homophobic or transphobic themes.
- The Creator is not allowed to create content for [SYSTEM] that is an NFT or linked to any other form of cryptocurrency.
- Art and text from our books may not be reused or translated, unless you have our explicit permission.
- The mechanics and game rules of [SYSTEM] may be reused and referenced freely.
- The Creator must not give the impression that this is an official [SYSTEM] product or that [PUBLISHER] endorses or sponsors you in any way unless we’ve made special arrangements with you.
- [PUBLISHER] takes no responsibility for any legal claims against your product.
- The following text must be included in the legal text, somewhere visible in the publication, and on the website or storefront where you promote the product:
[PRODUCT] is an independent production by [CREATOR] and is not affiliated with [PUBLISHER]. It is published under the Anti Capitalist Game Licence.
- This copyright text must be legibly included somewhere in the product and on the storefront:
[SYSTEM] is copyright [PUBLISHER].